This section of the Wales Coastal Path covers Prestatyn to Flint. Catch a train to Prestatyn then walk back. Car parking at Flint station CH6 5GE ( Free at time of writing ).
Distance 31 km
Fantastic coastal walking which is mostly flat the entire way although stamina is needed to tackle the 19 mile route which does include some sandy dune walking at times.
- Prestatyn seafront, beach and the monolith that signifies the end of Offa's Dyke Path
- Barkby beach and Gronant Dunes Nature Reserve
- Beachcombing on Presthaven Sands and on the beach at Talacre
- Point of Ayr Lighthouse
- Views across Point of Ayr Nature Reserve
- Views across the Dee estuary all afternoon
- The impressive Duke of Lancaster steamer beached near Mostyn Docks since 1979
- Fresh sea air and tranquil walking on The Marsh
- Greenfield Dock and Whelston Harbour ( lovely waterfall here )
- Flint marshes and the site of old Flint Docks
- Flint Castle
Safety informationPlease be aware of tide times when walking on the beach.
SJ 06426 83108
30U 472916 5909790
Book recommendations for this region:
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view