The route starts from the historic Piazza del Popolo in Vittorio Veneto, the meeting point of the cities of Ceneda and Serravalle who joined together on 27 September 1866 to celebrate the unification of Italy. The name of the municipality will in fact be chosen in honor of the first king of Italy, Vittorio Emanuele II and will also become the symbol city during the end of the First World War (battle of Vittorio Veneto), where the Kingdom of Italy will defeat the Austro-Hungarian empire.
The route continues near the Fenderl Area, a very pleasant green area. The entire route will go around Monte Altare, a panoramic point at an altitude of 450m, characterized by a Cross facing Piazza del Popolo. This point can be reached by making detours through other paths. Once you have bypassed the Mount, you will return to the starting point.
Piazza del Popolo – Area Fenderl – Monte Altare – Case Foda – Via dei Posocon – Castello di San Martino – Salsa – Piazza del Popolo
- It is of fundamental importance to always stick to the marked path, thus avoiding getting lost or invading private property.
- Pay particular attention to stretchs of stone road, where the risk of slipping is greater.
- It is always recommended to download the gps track to avoid unpleasant situations and live a great experience.
- If you choose Mount Altare as an additional destination, once you reach the top, don't get too close to the precipices.
The local authorities and associations of the involved areas do not assume any legal liability for injuries or damages to people and things that may occur along the marked routes.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112.
Tips and hintsFor more information write to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Name and surname
- Path on which you want to receive information
- The related questions
You will receive a reply within 24 hours
Getting thereComing from the A27 motorway, take the Vittorio Veneto Sud exit and follow the signs for Vittorio Veneto. At the next roundabout take the last exit towards Centro. At the height of the "Vittoria Alata" monument, with the inscription Vittorio Veneto, keep left and continue always towards the center (Via Rizzera). Continue in this direction for approximately 4.7 km and, at the height of the Post Office, turn left into Piazza del Popolo reaching the starting point.
ParkingComing from Piazza del Popolo you will notice the first parking at the end of the road on the right, otherwise at the intersection, turn right and immediately left going up towards the Vittorio Veneto railway station in Viale Trento e Trieste, where you will find another much more spacious parking.
Coordinates: 45.990113, 12.295232
Coordinates: 45.990230, 12.293317
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Equipment- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Backpack with everything you need: water, sweatshirts or jackets for colder periods
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.