The path starts in Borgo Savassa and touches two of the three lakes of Val Lapisina. The first of these is Lago di Negrisiola, an artificial basin rich in aquatic fauna, located near the exit of the A27 motorway.
Continuing on you will arrive at the Lago del Restello, an artificial body of water, characterized by the surrounding structures that include the viaduct of the A27 motorway, the little church of San Floriano and the tower of the same name. The latter dates back to Roman times and was used in the past to control the passages towards Cadore and from there to Tyrol and Germany. The name of the lake is inspired by the phrase "restelli di sanità", barriers established by the Republic of Venice to prevent the spread of epidemics by controlling traffic. Once you have finished observing these structures, you can resume the path thus returning to the starting point.
Savassa Bassa - Basso Nove - Croda Rossa - Forcal - Savassa Bassa
- It is of fundamental importance to always stick to the marked path, thus avoiding getting lost or invading private property.
- Pay particular attention to stretchs of stone road, where the risk of slipping is greater.
- It is always recommended to download the gps track to avoid unpleasant situations and live a great experience.
The local authorities and associations of the involved areas do not assume any legal liability for injuries or damages to people and things that may occur along the marked routes.
The telephone number in case of emergency is 112.
Tips and hintsFor more information write to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Name and surname
- Path on which you want to receive information
- The related questions
You will receive a reply within 24 hours
Getting thereComing from the A27 motorway, take the Vittorio Veneto Nord exit and at the crossroads keep to theright, entering the Strada Statale 51. Immediately after entering this road, you will see Via Prati di Savassa on the left, thus reaching the starting point of the route.
ParkingAt the beginning of the route you will notice two dirt car parks, there you can park your car and continueon foot.
Coordinates: 46.018635, 12.293331
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Equipment- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Backpack with everything you need: water, sweatshirts or jackets for colder periods
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.