from Mornas.Perched on a 137m high cliff,it proudly dominates the Rhône Valley.
different angles and appreciate its imposing architecture.Buy the kit "intrigue in the city" to visit Mornas in a fun way( 10€ at the OTI in Bollène)
A stroll where nature blends with the scents of thyme and history!Leaving the village, you take the circuit that smells of the garrigue. It allows you to contemplate the fortress from different angles and to appreciate its imposing architecture.
The fortress can be visited and animations will plunge you into the life of the castle in the 13th century. It is by going around this rocky spur that one understands the defensive role played by the fortress during the Hundred Years' War.
Before you go:
- Check the general and local weather forecast, making sure there is no precipitation.
- Get information on the approach route, height of the route, travel time, possible escape (IGN map, GPS, topo-guide, etc...).
- Evaluate possible risks by asking mountain professionals, mountain huts, gîtes, etc.
- Ask someone close to your objective and contact him/her again in case of changes: departure and return times, number of participants with the telephone number of each, vehicle(s), car park, etc.
- Avoid going alone, use equipment that is appropriate for the activity, adjusted and in good condition, headlamp, complete first aid kit, survival blanket, etc...
In the event of a problem:
Alert: call 112 (European emergency number)
5 key points to transmit your alert:
- Where? commune, location, route, altitude
- Who? Identity, phone number
- What? Type of accident, number of victims, severity, fall kinetics...
- When? Time of the accident
- Weather? wind, visibility
Tips and hintsAPIDAE tourism data updated on 08/07/2021 by "Office de Tourisme Intercommunal Provence Côté Rhône".
Spotted an error? Write to email@example.com with the following information:
File name: Sentier de randonnée Forteresse de Mornas | Record identifier: 5078996 | URL (link) for this Outdooractive page.
Getting thereMotorway A7 – Exit 19 RN7
Book recommendations for this region:
- Clothing adapted to the season and conditions (cold, hot, wet...)
- Hiking boots adapted to the terrain (even for children!)
- Hiking poles (useful for stability and to relieve the joints)
- Mobile phone and spare battery