- Blue: Bergwasser Circular Path
- Red: Saflischwald circular trail
- Green: Rosswald circular trail
In this hike you follow the red signs. Start at the Rosswald mountain station in an easterly direction. The path leads you past the swimming pool into the forest. Follow the path towards Riedalpji until you reach the asphalted Rosswald road. Above the road follow the hiking trail through the Saflischwald back to Rosswald. If you want to hike a little further, you can zigzag up to the summer slope. The hiking trail (and this additional loop) is well signposted. Now you have the possibility to walk back to the mountain station.
Getting thereBy post bus from Brig to Ried-Brig, LRR (valley station) and then by cable car to Rosswald.
ParkingParking is available at the valley station and on Rosswald.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentEquipment adapted to the weather is indispensable. For all hikes it is strongly recommended to wear good, sturdy mountain boots.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.