An attractive hike around the centrepiece of the Catinaccio massif, the Roda di Vaèl. For excitement this tour is hard to beat, offering spectacular views of the surrounding mountains.
Getting to the starting point of the tour by public transport is easy and convenient.
By public bus line:
- 180 from Bozen | Bolzano, Birchabruck | Ponte Nova
- 180 or 184 from Karersee | Carezza
- 184 from Weissenstein | Pietralba, Petersberg | Monte San Pietro, Deutschnofen | Nova Ponente, Stenk (or 181 and change 180)
- 184 from Obereggen, Eggen | Ega (or 184 and change 180)
- 187 from Steinegg | Collepietra, Gummer | San Valentino (or 182 and change 180)
- 180 from Val di Fassa
Bus stop: Karer Pass | Passo Costalunga; the rental is directly next to the bus stop. Online timetable search at www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/
Destination: Welschnofen | Nova Levante
Parking: Parking lot Karer Pass | Passo Costalunga
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region: