This panoramic trail leads to the Christomannos monument, a bronze eagle directly in front of the mighty walls of the Catinaccio/Rosengarten massif in remembrance of Theodor Christomannos. His life’s work was the construction of the famed Dolomitenstraße road from Nova Levante/Welschnofen to Cortina.
Getting to the starting point of the tour by public transport is easy and convenient.
By public bus line:
- 180 from Bozen | Bolzano, Birchabruck | Ponte Nova
- 180 or 184 from Karersee | Carezza, Karer Pass | Passo Costalunga
- 184 from Weissenstein | Pietralba, Petersberg | Monte San Pietro, Deutschnofen | Nova Ponente, Stenk (or 181 and change 180)
- 184 from Obereggen, Eggen | Ega (or 184 and change 180)
- 187 from Steinegg | Collepietra, Gummer | San Valentino (or 182 and change 180)
- 180 from Val di Fassa
Bus stop: Paolina. Online timetable search at www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/
Destination: Welschnofen | Nova Levante
Parking: Parking lot Paolina
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region: