Wainwright walk up Yewbarrow via Bell Rib.
Distance 6.3 km
A walk up Yewbarrow and via the Bell Rib route. Main reason to get up here is for the spectacular natural view that Great Door offers. A perfect frame for the Scafells in the distance. I read up about Bell Rb and from my personal experience ths isn't a difficult, however, it is quite a tricky. So care is needed.
NY 16772 06827
30U 481515 6033627
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view