The walk is a circular route from Rhossili to its western headland before crossing the rocky causeway to the Inner Head of Worms Head. The route on the island will be the short walk to the Inner Neck then returning to the causeway along the top of the Inner Head with its striking coastal view of the wide sweep of Rhossili Bay and the overtopping Rhossili Down. After crossing back to the mainland the route then goes eastward along the top of magnificent limestone cliffs passing Falls Bay and ultimately descending to Mewslade Bay so as to view the cliffs and their caves from beach level. The final part of the walk is a gradual ascent of Rhossili Down to give superb views landward to the east and westward to the sea with a high level view too of the route that has been taken. Please note, the pathless rocky causeway to Worms Head will need to be taken with care.
The Photograph shows Worms Head from the Rhossilli headland.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.