Created on our behalf by www.skyestrolls.co.uk
1. Leave reception and go to road junction, where you turn right along the road until passing Froe. After passing the house and reaching a wood on your right, enter the wood through a gap in the wall and take the right fork and go over the footbridge. Stay on this path through woods and fields.
2. After approximately 800 m / ½ mile a footpath sign to Bohortha points the direction to your left, uphill. Take this path, which is a National Trust permissible path, but not on some maps. On reaching a track at the top turn left soon entering a field. Go straight through this field with hedge on your left. At the second field turn right and left, hedge this time on your right, part way along the field a gate is located on your right take this, turning left into the lane. Follow this through to Bohortha.
3. At Bohortha turn right onto a track that narrows to a path. Where the path forks go right, over the stile and down the slope towards Place House. On reaching the road take the path to the right signed for the Ferry.
4. On reaching solid ground turn right along the harbour side, water on your right, turn left up into The Square then right at house named Windrush, path to the right. Pass straight over the first road, then go right and left at the second road. This brings you to a track towards a quay side where you turn left just prior to a boat yard.
5. Follow this coastal path, reasonably well signed and obviously walked regularly. Enjoy the views across the rivers towards Trewince and Percuil. After some distance you will come to a deeply in cut creek where it is necessary to step down to the creek then over a stile, from here it is a gentle climb to your left through this beautiful wooded ravine.
6. On reaching a rough track at the entry to Bosloggas turn left and continue until reaching the main St Mawes road at Halwartha. At the road turn right and left to pass down a path at the side of the water tower. This gives excellent views across the Fal Estuary towards Falmouth and surrounding countryside.
8. On landing at Place, turn left along the coastal path, signed to Porth Farm. Stay on the lower path all the way back to the footbridge crossed earlier. After crossing the bridge turn left, scale the wall and onto the road for the steady walk uphill back to Trewince Manor.
Book recommendations for this region: