Route created on our behalf by www.skyestolls.co.uk
1. 1. Leave reception and go to road junction. Here you have two choices, one is a very steep and slippery path, alternatively along the lane and down a gentler track.
Option One – steep path
2a. At road junction turn immediately left towards the caravan and campsite. After a short distance turn right at the far side of a hard stand, opposite the first set of farm buildings. Go down the path and over stile into the wood. Take great care as you go along the path through the wood, it is steep, uneven and slippery even when dry.
Option Two – Gentle slope
2b. At road junction continue straight along the road until meeting a gravel track on your left, with Footpath Sign. Take this track and follow down the hill.
3. On reaching the house at the far side of the wood turn left and pass through the gate, turning immediately right to walk along the field edge (hedge is now on your right).
4. After climbing the stile to access the beach area at the head of Pelyn Creek go over the stream bed and into the National Trust area on the far side. Once through the gate take the pathway on your left and follow this to the road.
5. Turn left onto the road then right into the car park. However, a short detour by continuing along the road to the end is worth the extra few minutes. Go through the car park and exit via a gate in the lower corner, entering a wooded area.
6. Open countryside is accessed at the far side of the woods, continue along a well-defined pathway with the hedge on your left. Stay on this path that gives excellent views of the Percuil River, remember to keep looking behind.
7. At a fork in the track ignore the right-hand path that rises steeply. Pass through kissing gate into more open countryside. At an obvious path, signposted Tregassick ½ mile take this path, up the steps.
8. After going through two fields you will reach a narrow lane where you turn right. On reaching a farm track turn right for a few metres then left along a short pathway. This leads to a tarmac road, where you turn left, continuing to the road junction where you turn right and continue to Trewince Holiday Lodges.
Book recommendations for this region: