Along the coast from High Peak to Otterton, and looping back inland...
Distance 12 km
An invigorating hike through the woods and moorland inland from High Peak, with standing stones that moved, a woodcutter who hid contraband beneath his logs when times were hard, and a landscape crisscrossed with ancient pathways.
For more information visit:
AuthorSouth West Coast Path Association
Update: May 14, 2021
In Muttersmoor car park, at the start of the walk.
SY 10986 87206
30U 481546 5614016
Book recommendation by the author
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view