1. Leave the parking area in a southerly direction on the minor road (Oakley Lane) rising gently. After about 1.5 miles look for a stile on the right on a steep bank. Cross the stile and bear right across the field to another stile. Continue across second field bearing to the right to a fence/hedge and follow this turning right to a gate onto a lane at Farnham and shortly turn left down the main street.
2. Continue through Farnham until the Museum Public House. Turn right up gentle hill and after 200 yards find footpath on the left, again up a steep bank, and pass through a metal gate. Continue through field with fence to your left and on through a path with hedge on right and field on left into an open field and continue to a drop down onto a minor road.
3. Cross the road and pick up the Jubilee Trail passing an Electricity Sub-station, heading east. Cross the field with fence to your left and enter a short wooded section with a well-defined path taking you past a large house on your right and onto a minor road bend at Minchington.
4. Continue virtually straight ahead on the road from the bend towards Lower Farm. Just before the first house you come to on the left, turn left across a wooden bridge. Ignore the stile directly in front of you by passing to the right through a gate. Continue directly north through fields keeping hedges on your right, eventually reaching a high hedgerow where you bare right up a well-defined path between hedges, this is Straight Lane. Continue up gradual rise ignoring gaps in hedge until you reach a larger gap and way-mark on the right for the Jubilee Trail. This is a good spot for a break but the walk continues north to Champs Farm where the path widens and comes to a cross junction with a finger post. Turn right here for Woodcutts onto a track eventually changing to asphalt and pass an imposing house on your left and 2 or 3 other houses reaching a ‘T’ junction. Turn left and continue to the junction with B3081 and turn left again.
5) After about 150 yards cross the B3081 to a track heading north west and after 1.25 miles turn left across a large open field towards Pollards Wood in the distance with a Golf Course some way off to the right. lf the path is not well defined head for the left deciduous tree of two in front of Pollards Wood. Just before reaching the tree go through a wide metal gate in a hawser wire fence, pass the tree on the left hand side and find a gap in the wood edge leading to a track.
6. Follow this track through the wood to a wide metal gate and then onto an asphalt drive (Ferney Way). Turn right and keep on the drive for 200 yds or so and tum left onto open pasture dropping down to the right hand corner to a large metal gate. Go through the gate onto a short track to the B3081 and turn left following this road to the Minchington Cross parking area.
Book recommendations for this region: