A short walk through Winchester taking in the working Watermill and other sights.
Distance 3.3 km
At 2 miles, this is not a long walk but, being a city, it will vary according to how many shops, cafes and museums are visited along the way. We went on a Sunday and were pleased to find the car park was free. We wanted to visit the Nat Trust's working water mill and the Great Hall with the 'Round Table' but there are many other things you might want to take in. The walk goes past the Cathedral and through the area with all the military museums. Also, as we were walking two parts of the South Downs Way that week, we wanted to visit Winchester as it is at one end of the long distance path. Eastbourne being at the other end.
SU 47882 29727
30U 617852 5658387
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view