Walk to Haining Place, the laird's dwelling of the Barony of Haining-Ross.
There are only ruins left standing, but the original building on this site possibles dates from the 1400's. The remnants of the building and retaining walls on the rough farm road from the Ford sit among trees, shrubs and grass. This overlooks the Cessnock on the west side, surrounding countryside to Kilmarnock to the north and Haining mains farm to the east.
Book recommendations for this region: