Start at Edale car park. Up to the Great Ridge just below Back Tor, Along Great Ridge past Hollins Cross to Mam Tor. On to and along Rushup Edge, over Brown Knoll and on to Kinder Scout. Along Kinder South Edge over Crowden Brook and down to Edale from Grindslow Knoll.
Distance 18.5 km
Start at Edale car park. Up to the Great Ridge just below Back Tor, Along Great Ridge past Hollins Cross to Mam Tor. On to and along Rushup Edge, over Brown Knoll and on to Kinder Scout. Along Kinder South Edge over Crowden Brook and down to Edale from Grindslow Knoll. Clear paths for a lot of the way but the top of Kinder is unclear in places.
SK 12409 85342
30U 578853 5913507
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view