The walk starts in the free car park adjacent Fort Brockhurst. The route goes around the fort's moat and then leads on to Monks Walk by the sea. From there it's a short walk to Priddys Hard, where you follow the sea front promenade to the Explosion Museum Of Naval Firepower (cafe stop). Walking through the museum grounds leads you to the Millennium Bridge and great views of Portsmouth Harbour (Warships). Over the bridge and you are into the historic and beautifully restored Royal Clarence Marina where you can find the odd wine bar e.t.c. The route back is slightly different, but no less enjoyable.
Free Parking at Fort Brockhurst, Gunners Way, Gosport, Hampshire PO12 4
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.