Climb The UK county tops challenge 2017 www.alexstaniforth.com -- A walk to the summit of Beacon Hill and the highest point of Norfolk from Beach Car Park
The highest point of Norfolk county as climbed by Alex Staniforth during his Climb The UK challenge in 2017, climbing all 100 UK county high points in 72 days for Young Minds. Here's the route to try it for yourself. To find out more please visit www.alexstaniforth.com
Start/finish: Beach Car Park, Water Lane, West Runton
Great spot for an ice cream! There is a small cafe and toilet facilities available.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.