The St Oswald's Way starts at Heavenfield close to Chollerford. This was where Oswald defeated the Welsh and believed his prayers had been answered.This day 1 route ends at Kirkwhelpington.
Distance 30 km
The route starts at Chollerford, close to Heavenfield which is where the St Oswald's Way begins. This first stretch goes all the way to Kirkwhelpington following well marked paths. You begin by following the road westwards until you see the signs for the St Oswald's way walk and you follow this path all the way to Kirkwhelpington.
NY 91959 70763
30U 555779 6098625
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view