Can be muddy across the fields and in woodlands, so suiatble footwear strongly recommended.
The only place for refreshments on this route is The Hunstman pub at Eridge, otherwise you'll need to take your own.
Safety informationThe A26 is a busy and fast road, which you have to cross to complete this route. Care is needed and children / pets closely supervised.
Tips and hints
In season Birchden Farm sell their own asparagus, this is just a short distance from the start of this route.
There is a pub & shops in Groombridge.
You could take Spa Valley Railway from Tunbridge Wells West Station and start this walk from Eridge station adjacent to the Huntsman Pub, or you could alight at Groombridge and join this walk from there.
Getting thereWe arrived by car on this occassion, but have previously walked and cycled here.
ParkingRoadside parking at Birchden Corner, Roadside parking at Park Corner. Parking at Erdige Station and parking adjacent to Eridge Rocks
As mentioned above suitable foowear and clothing according to the conditions.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.