Take a wooded trail from Penrose to the coast then follow a classic North Cornwall coastal path along the cliff top to Bedruthen Steps.
Distance 12.6 km
Take a wooded trail from Penrose to the coast then follow a classic North Cornwall coastal path along the cliff top to Bedruthen Steps. Head back through quiet country lanes. Note: footpaths through final leg pastTrevisker and Trerair farms appear long gone. Locals say they were abandoned years ago. To avoid, take lanes from St Eval’s Church back up to Penrose.
SW 87573 70887
30U 358393 5596038
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view