1. From the pond walk along road in a SW direction. Look for a gate on the left into a grass field. Follow field boundary south, gently downhill. Look for left turn to join minor road.
2. Turn right to Well Bottom. Continue forward on a track through a wood to emerge into Ashmore Bottom. Good views into this open valley. Follow for just over a mile to join road.
3. Cross road, and tum left onto footpath running parallel with road, past Stubhampton Manor Farm to Tarrant Gunville.
4. Tum right on to minor road and follow SW to Home Farm and pick up track heading west to track junction.
5. Turn right up track towards Harbins Park and continue to Heron Grove Coppice. When passing look for large logs on the left that can be used for a lunch stop.
6. Continue on to meet minor road, turn right and after 500 yards look for entry on the left to the Wessex Ridgeway. Continue along the edge of Ashmore Wood until the left turn up " Halfpenny Lane " a continuation of the Wessex Ridgeway towards Ashmore.
7. Follow track north for two miles to reach road on the edge of Ashmore. Turn right and continue 400 yards to parking area around the pond.
Book recommendations for this region: