Alternative hike up Ben Bouie from Camis Eskan area of Helensburgh. This route takes you up on the Three Lochs Way and brings you of trail ascending to Ben Bouie. This route gives you splendid views over to Ben Lomond.
The decent from the stone cairn on Ben Bouie is sharp as you take a westerly direction on a slight grassy path, hiking parallel to the fence. This is a gnarly type terrain with old tree stumps from tree felling a few years back on the path.
Coming into the forest is great fun, but be carful and not get lost, try and follow the path but if in doubt you will have the edge of the forest on your right-hand side.
As you come out of the forest onto the John Muir Way trail, head up hill and you have a few options of descending down into Helensburgh if you are tired or running out of time.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.