The proposed itinerary starts from Piedicastello and leads to Dos Trento, a small hilly landscape on the right Adige, from which to admire a spectacular panorama of the city of Trento.
This green area is particularly important for its remarkable naturalistic value: numerous floristic species present in the entire area, such as the Stipa capillata, the Onanis rotundifofolia, the Oputia vulgaris, and many others. Also from the faunistic point of view the hump has many interesting and characteristic species: hedgehogs, wild mice, weasels, beech martens, badgers and foxes, as well as numerous species of birds and reptiles.
The information contained in this sheet is subject to inevitable changes, therefore no indication has absolute value. It is not possible to completely avoid inaccuracies, given the rapidity of environmental or weather changes that may occur. In this sense we decline all responsibility for any changes suffered by the user. It is advisable, however, to ascertain, before making an excursion, on the state of the places and on the environmental or meteorological conditions.
Prepare your itinerary
Choose an excursion appropriate for your real ability and training level
Choose the fitting equipment
Check the weather forecast
Hiking alone is risky
Give details about your itinerary and about the approximate hour of your return
Do not hesitate to entrust you to an expert
Pay attention to the indication and signals you will find along your journey
Do not hesitate to retrace your steps
In case of accident: ask for help and call the number 112
Tips and hints
Rete di Riserve Bondone [Nature Reserve Network] www.reteriservebondone.tn.it
Azienda per il Turismo Trento, Monte Bondone, Valle dei Laghi [Tourist Office] www.discovertrento.it/en
Visit Trentino www.visittrentino.info/en
MUSE - Museo delle Scienze [Science Museum] www.muse.it/en
Azienda Forestale Trento-Sopramonte [Forestry Service] www.aziendaforestale.tn.it
Società degli Alpinisti Tridentini [Trentino Mountaineering Association] www.sat.tn.it
Soccorso Alpino - Servizio Provinciale Trentino [Trentino Alpine Rescue Service] www.soccorsoalpinotrentino.it/en
Trento Funivie S.p.A. [Ski-Lifts Service] www.skimontebondone.it/en
Getting thereFrom Trento following the signs for Piedicastello
Trentino mobilità S.p.A. [Trentino Mobility Service] www.trentinomobilita.it
Parking near the starting point
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentLight hiking equipment
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.