A hike that leads mainly through the forest and offers magnificent panoramic views of Wolf, Traben-Trarbach, Mont Royal and Starkenburg.
Distance 11 km
This hike leads from the Moselle bank Trarbach uphill through the vineyard "Taubenhaus" into the forest. Along the way we can admire fantastic views of Traben and the "Würzgarten" and "Königsberg" vineyards, the Mont Royal and the Rissbach district. After reaching the residential area Koppelberg, which is situated on a high altitude, the path leads us through the high forest, where we can enjoy the peace and quiet and the good air. Soon we reach an area with beautiful field flower meadows. Here we can admire daisies, lupines and other meadow flowers in early summer. Now we have reached the highest point of the hike with 365 m above sea level and on the opposite hill we can see the houses of Starkenburg. Now we walk downhill again to the town through the vineyard "Taubenhaus". At the end of the hike we can once again enjoy the view of Trarbach with its imposing buildings, the grammar school with former alumnat, the ruins of Grevenburg and the Protestant church with old Latin school.
In early summer, beautiful meadows of wildflowers bloom near the TV station with daisies, lupins and other meadow flowers.
Update: December 14, 2021
Rest StopGutsausschank Weingut Caspari
Tips and hintsTourist-Information Traben-Trarbach
Am Bahnhof 5
+49 - (0) 6541-83980
Getting thereby car to Trarbach
Parkingon the car park Moselufer Trarbach
32U 364542 5534761
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentThe trail is comfortable to walk in trainers or light hiking boots.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view