This circular route leads through a varied landscape up to Hödeshof and into the Kautenbach valley.
Distance 14.7 km
Via the Schottstraße uphill we reach the actual hiking trail in the first bend. This leads through gardens and meadows along the Schottbach stream to the main road. Cross the road and continue downhill until you reach the stream again. Here begins a wildly romantic route along a former quarry and through deciduous forest up to the Hödeshof. From here we take the path downhill towards the fish ponds and follow a beautiful hiking trail into the Zweibachtal valley and to Kautenbach. The footpath now leads above the Kautenbach towards Bad Wildstein. This section of the trail is also called the "Wildsteiner Schweiz" and we can admire impressive rock formations. In the district of Bad Wildstein we reach the pumping station of the Wildstein spring, where free thermal water is available. Afterwards we follow the road for a short distance to the car park of the Moseltherme. Here, opposite, the path turns right into a small path and leads through vineyards to the hiking trail above the spa hotel Parkschlösschen. Further above the tennis courts, the trail continues straight on to the anchor bridge in the direction of Trarbach. Along the pond path we get back to the town.
Enjoy the thermal water at the pumping station of the Wildstein spring.
Visit the first miniature golf course in Germany.
Update: December 14, 2021
Safety informationSturdy shoes are recommended in rain or wet weather.
Tips and hintsTourist-Information Traben-Trarbach
Am Bahnhof 5
+49 - (0) 6541-83980
Getting therewith the car to Trarbach
Parkingon the Moselle bank Trarbach
32U 364582 5534634
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHiking boots are recommended
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view