Tips and hintsThe Swiss Path was founded with a forward-looking vision: it is intended to represent an example of nature conservation, whilst remaining a simple place of encounter. To this day, its main features remain the mountains, the lake and the glorious views. www.weg-der-schweiz.ch
The Swiss Path leads you through the homeland of William Tell. En route, you will spot traces of the past and encounter mythical heroes. You can engage with different images of Switzerland and rediscover the country for yourself. www.wiegederschweiz.ch
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.