A circular walk visiting a Roman villa and mosaic floor in Spoonley Wood.
Distance: 5.2 miles/ 8.4 km Duration: 3 hours
Difficulty:A fairly level walk to Spoonley Villa along the Sudeley Valley.
Start/finish: Back Lane car park, Winchcombe. (Grid ref: 023284)
OS maps: Outdoor Leisure 45, Landranger 163
Ascent: 331 feet/101 metres
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.