Hike along the Rinnbach on a wide, gently road to the Rinnbergalm (1239m).
Distance 8 km
From Russbach you can reach wonderful alpine pastures in a relatively short time. The circular route takes you first to the Traunwandalm, then via the Angerkaralm to the Rinnbergalm. On the way you will learn all sorts of interesting things about life on the alpine pasture. The management of the pastures was once a hard and deprived work. We should imagine them less romantic and relaxing than today may seem to arouse the appearance. In addition to the supervision of the cattle, the cultivation of butter-malt, scotch and cheese was the focus of the farms.Fortunately, cheese production on the pastures has recently undergone a renaissance in the course of tourism and all hikers are well advised to try it.
The alpine huts are open from the end of June to September and the dairy farmers serve excellent, homemade cheese specialties
Rest StopPfandlhütte - Rinnbergalm
Tips and hints
Getting thereComing from the A10 motorway, take the exit Golling direction Abtenau and Russbach. From Bad Ischl you drive via Bad Goisern and Gosau to Russbach.
ParkingYou will find enough parking area in the center of Russbach or at the parking area „Rinnbach“
33T 384706 5272160
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHard shoes, rain jacket and a snack are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view