Duration: 2 hours
This is an easy and pleasant coastal stroll between the two small resorts at the western edge of Costa Adeje, made possible now by a new bridge over the barranco at the western edge of Playa Paraiso. Most of the route is on paved surfaces, and there are plans to pave the rough 600m section, on the cliff-top approaching Playa de Ajabo in Callao Salvaje. With the advent of the Hard Rock hotel complex and other luxury hotel developments, Playa Paraiso is finally shedding its tired image and now can actually boast a couple of small, pretty beaches, to live up to its name. The new beach bar and sandy beach at Callao Salvaje signal that this long-standing resort, much favoured by French and British ex-pats is also on an upward curve. All in all, this is a far prettier walk than you once might have imagined!
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.