8km suburban walk around the green spaces & back streets of Birchgrove & Balmain.
Distance 8.3 km
8km suburban walk around the green spaces & back streets of Birchgrove & Balmain. One way walk. Can get the 441 bus between start & end points. Walk takes in Birchgrove Oval with great views of the city skyline, Balaste Point, site of Texaco/Caltex operational fuel storage depot up until the 1990s, Mort Bay Park site of the oldest dry dock in Autralia, the old Colgate Palmolive factory, Tom Uren Trial, Simmons Point, Illoura Reserve, Peacock Point, Ewenton Park, Birrung Park. The streets are also dotted with quaint workers cottages of weatherboard, sandstone & wrought iron lacework. Be sure to check out the community library in the Balmain Wharf shelter in Mort Bay.
56H 331761 6252822
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view