Discover the eastern Valais Alps in 9 stages over 122 kilometers.
Distance 20.6 km
3rd stage: On the paths of the Walser. From the Almagelleralp you climb diagonally to the right out of the valley to reach a vantage point on Saas Fee and the Mischabel group. You cross an area with avalanche protection devices and via the nature trail you reach Kreuzboden, the crucial point for the ascent to the “Trittico del Sempione” and to the Weissmies, with an outstanding view of the 4000m peaks of the Saas Valley. You then continue on a wide path with small ascents and descents, you pass small Walser settlements and ancient pastures and finally you reach Gspon.
Take a break at the Kreuzbodensee and enjoy your lunch break there. Listen to the silence of nature.
Getting thereBy bus or private vehicle to Saas Almagell, then by cable car to "Furggustalden".
32T 421518 5105784
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentEquipment adapted to the weather is essential. Good, sturdy mountain boots are strongly recommended for all hikes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view