Take the post bus over the Simplon Pass in the direction of Gondo. Get off at the post bus stop "Ramserna" and take the ascent to Presa Cima under your legs. At Presa Cima, the 2017 new hiking trail towards Bugliaga begins. In Bugliaga Dentro is the Agriturismo Bugliaga Dentro. The Agriturismo knows how to show off with authentic goat products. Strengthened you hike about one hour until you reach the village Bugliaga. In Bugliaga there is a scheduled bus service to Varzo in summer. In Varzo the Lötschberger runs through the Simplon tunnel back to Brig.
Getting thereTake the post bus to the Ramserna stop. Or by car to Gondo.
ParkingIn Gondo there is a multi-storey car park available.
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentEquipment adapted to the weather is indispensable. For all hikes it is strongly recommended to wear good, sturdy mountain boots.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.