Dutgee walkers’ camp to Litoria walkers’ camp
Time suggested: Allow 5.5hrs walking time
Grade: Grade 4 walking track
As you leave the upper Noosa River, look back across the heath plains to the sandy finger-like extensions of the Cooloola Sandpatch rolling down the distant sand hills. Follow the track as it continues through towering timbered country with vibrant open forests of predominantly blackbutt and coastal wattle. Be prepared! There are steep sections on this leg of the walk. For each fall and rise over 3km the elevation varies by approximately 140m. Look for Ramsay’s Hut, an old timber cutter’s hut which is a relic of Cooloola’s past timber industry. The hut was abandoned before the area was declared a national park in 1975. For your safety, stay on the walking track at all times and do not enter the hut area.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.