Tourismusverband ERZBERG LEOBEN Verified partner Explorers Choice
Symbol für den Rittersteig am Ortsbeginn von KammernPhoto: Weges OG, CC BY-SA, Weges OG
Safety informationPredominantly narrow and often steep, the path leads through the terrain.
A few tips for correct and fair behavior in the forest: (Source: www.bundesforste.at - 6/2021)
- Hikers should avoid visits to the forest about 1.5 hours before sunrise and after sunset, as wildlife is particularly active during this time.
- Plastic bottles, handkerchiefs, cigarette butts & Co have no place in the forest! Please make sure that you do not leave any trash in the forest.
- Camping and making fire - is strictly forbidden in the forest!
- In principle, each person is allowed to collect 2 kg of mushrooms and berries per day for personal use in the forest. It is only forbidden if the forest owner expressly forbids it.
Alpine emergency call: Mountain rescue emergency number: 140 EU emergency call: 112
Emergency call rescue: 144
Emergency reporting tip - give answers to six important questions: What happened? How many injured? Where did the accident happen (possibly GPS coordinates)? Who reported the accident (call-back number)? When did the accident happen? Weather at the accident site?
Weather service: www.zamg.ac.at
Direct link mountain weather Styria: https://www.zamg.ac.at/cms/de/wetter/produkte-und-services/bergwetter/steiermark
Tips and hintsTourismusverband ERZBERG LEOBEN
Phone: +43 3842 481 4 810
Refreshment stops in Kammern
Gasthof Judmayer, Tel.: +43 3844 8272, 8773 Kammern im Liesingtal, Hauptstraße 54
Restaurant Purgar, Tel.: +43 3844 87042, 8773 Kammern im Liesingtal, Hauptstraße 52
Refreshment stops in Mautern
Gasthof Lieber, Tel.: +43 3845 2232, 8774 Mautern, Josefiplatz 6,
Maier Family Inn, Tel.: +43 3845 2217, 8774 Mautern, Hauptstraße 2,
Pizzeria Mautern, Tel.: +43 3845 21513, 8774 Mautern, Hauptplatz 4
Public-transport-friendlyÖBB www.oebb.at or Verbundlinie Steiermark www.busbahnbim.at.
With the BusBahnBim app from Verbundlinie, timetable information has never been easier: all bus, train and streetcar connections in Austria can be queried by entering locations and/or addresses, stops or important points.
The app is available as a free app for smartphones (Android, iOS) - on Google Play and in the App Store.
By roadfrom Graz: A9 exit Traboch further via B113 to Kammern im Liesingtal
from Liezen: A9 exit Mautern via B113 to Kammern im Liesingtal
You can find more information on how to get here.
ParkingÖBB train station Kammern im Liesingtal and at the market place Kammern.
Parking is available at the train station in Mautern.
Author’s map recommendations
Freytag & Berndt WK 062 Gesäuse - Ennstaler Alpen - Schoberpass; Wander-Rad-Freizeitkarte
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- Backpack with rain cover
- Telescopic / hiking polesMountain / hiking boots
- Gloves: waterproof and warming
- Headgear / sunglasses
- Outerwear: Onion layer system, T-shirt, sweater, jacket and winter jacket with hood
- Hiking pantsSeat pad
- Drinking bottle / thermos flask (on cooler days a warming drink is pleasant)
- First aid kit with blister plaster and tick tongs
Other important equipment
- Route description
- Detailed plan of the hike
- Hiking map: For overview a map in scale 1 : 50 000 of the respective region
- GPS device
- cell phone
- 8 Waypoints
- 8 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others