The path runs through valuable natural areas of the north-western part of the Piska Forest. It is carried out in two variants: longer - 5.1 km and shorter - 2.6 km, and starts in the parking lot behind the headquarters of the Strzałowo Forest District (exit from the Mikołajki - Piecki road). The route is marked with green arrows that can be found on the trees you pass during your walk. Places of interest in nature are marked with numbers placed on white and green bars. The shorter variant consists of 5 stops marked with numbers 1-2 and 9-11.
The source of the route description and stopping points is the "Piękno Nieznane, cz. 1" guide. Some descriptions have been changed to adapt them to the current state of the route.
ParkingThere is a free of charge parking lot near the Nadleśnictwo Strzałowo, where the route starts.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.