Very wet and boggy during the winter months.
The Hillwalking tracks that I have made public are only for hikers who are very experienced.
They have been uploaded to create a record of the Ardara Hillwalking Clubs Walk Leaders 30 + years of experience.
If it is your first time to follow this route, please add at least 1 to 2 hours to the times show in each of the tracks and do not attempt if there is fog.
Also depending on your GPS devices accuracy. Take the time at each turn to find the narrow track that has been created by use over 30+ years.
As there are no markers, due to the fact that I and the other Ardara Walk Leaders have learnt and committed them to memory.
Please take a backup paper copy of the route just in case your battery runs out. Because I have found that following a route with ViewRanger uses more power than recording, so if you have a power bank bring it with you.
You can also visit the website www.ardarahillwalking.com for a list of Walks.
If you would like me to guide you or your Hillwalking Club along any of the Hiking/Walking tracks, that I have made public.
Please contact me to arrange a date, time and suitable track based on the walkers.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.