Our nature experience chairs Huginn and Muginn can be found next to our visitor centre in Odnes. Huginn and Muginn are the names of two ravens associated with the god Odin from Norse mythology. Their names mean mind and memory. Our visitor centre is open Wednesdays and Saturdays during the summer holidays. Here you can hire canoes and fishing equipment and borrow binoculars. On Wednesdays during the school holidays we have free activities at the visitor centre.
We wish to invite people to come and visit the diverse and species-rich nature that exists along Land’s and Etnedal’s watercourses with our exhibition ‘Nature Experience Chairs in the Dokka Delta Ecosystem’. The nature experience chairs can be found in diverse ‘nature spaces’ from Synnfjell in the north to Randsfjorden in the south. Art installations can act as trip destinations to encourage people to spend more time outdoors and develop a different perspective of nature. The diverse nature spaces tell a story of the landscape through the seasons and the relationships that exist between people and nature. We welcome the rain and the wind, the smell of mires and blossom, bubbling becks and ephemeral views, ancient creatures and the flapping of wings.
Are in nature can be used to encourage people away from vulnerable conservation areas to designated ‘nature spaces’, offering the same experience without damaging the balance of nature.
Take a walk to the artwork, enjoy being surrounded by nature.
There are 13 different nature experience chairs to be found placed in different environments in Etnedal, Nordre Land and Søndre Land.
More information here: https://www.dokkadeltaet.no/en/living-wetland/erfaringsstoler
- Bring lots of water as there are no possibilities to refill on route.
- Feel free to bring wood/bbq coals – there is a firepit available at both Våten and the Wetland Centre.
- Bring cash or card if you visit the Wetland Centre during the summer holidays.
- Important: It is forbidden to enter the mud banks in the Dokkadeltaet nature reserve between the 15th March and the 15th October.
Tips and hints
- Free car parking at the Wetland Centre.
- The Wetland Centre is open Wednesdays and Saturdays during the summer holidays.
- Free toilets (when the Wetland Centre is open).
- Café serving waffles and coffee (when the Wetland Centre is open).
- Canoe hire available from the Wetland Centre.
For mer informasjon se www.dokkadeltaet.no
Bus: Local route 153 to Odnes School
Car: Follow fv33 from Gjøvik towards Dokka. Take the exit on the left when you see the sign for the Wetland Centre, a couple of kilometres after you pass Bjørnen. Follow the signs to the Wetland Centre.