I have taught/set-up a specific sharepoint site for Jackie to distribute these files. The site is 'canoils' and explicitly has permissions allowing her to generate file sharing links for anonymous access (anyone with the link).
Distance 13.3 km
Alan Kane’s excellent Scrambles in the Rocky Mountains contains the most complete available route information. From the turnout, look for a well-trodden climber’s trail leading through the meadows and forest areas; from the base of the mountain, cross the stream (climber’s right) to ascend the steep, grassy slope up to the ridge. Scramble over unexpectedly solid talus, winding your way south along the broad, final ridge to the summit. It is possible to descend Sofa more immediately from the summit rather than returning via the ridge, but the cliffs below (invisible from the summit) present far more challenging and exposed terrain that may be quite slippery in the early season or under wet conditions.
12U 296870 5438583
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view