A wonderful walk in the nature suitable for all, among castles, panoramic views, woods, vineyards and paths delimited by suggestive dry-stone walls.
An enchanting path leading us into the medieval atmosphere of the Scaliger Castle where to enjoy breath-taking views of the hills and vineyards.
The ascent to Tenda Mount is characterised by the presence of the European nettle tree, country maple, robinia and the manna ash and beautiful dry stone walls that remind us of the rural tradition of these lands. Moreover the cypresses and the typical wild shrubby vegetation alternate with the vineyards adding shape and colour to these wonderful Veronese hills.
Worth of discovering are the landscape from the Capitello della Bassanella with terraced vineyards and a view of the Ponsara valley. You can enjoy the breath-taking view of the D'Alpone Valley and the plain to the south from Piazza Scheeti too.
The itinerary is enjoyable during the whole year; one of the best periods is the month of May (third weekend) during the Medieval Festival of Soave Wine allowing taking a real dip into the past.
Particularly worthy of note in "Piazza Scheeti" is the peculiar conformation of the rocky terrain characterised by the presence of nummulites, that are fossils with a discoid shape which look like coins. Hence the name "scheéti", which in Venetian language means coins.
Remember to assess carefully the type of path you are going to take, the places you are going to visit and the current season. Did it rain? Caution! The paths will be much more slippery and therefore you will need to be very careful.
Be sure to tell someone where you are going and how long your hike is supposed to last.
112 is the telephone number for emergencies.
Local authorities and associations in the areas concerned do not assume any legal responsibility for any damage, or accidents, to people and things that may occur along the signposted routes.
RESPECT THE TERRITORY:
- Do not throw on the ground paper towels, cans, glass or plastic bottles, candy wrappers and much less cigarette butts or packs.
- Take your waste with you or wait until you find a litter bin.
- Respect the flora, fauna and crops, do not pick fruit or wild plants; they may have received phytosanitary treatments.
- Report any disorder or abnormal behaviour in the town hall.
Tips and hints
PRO LOCO SOAVE
CONSORZIO PRO LOCO VERONA EST
ASS. STRADA DEL VINO SOAVE
Tel. 045 7681407
If you are travelling by motorway, the closest exit to the centre of Soave is:
The Soave-S.Bonifacio exit on the A4 Serenissima, Turin-Trieste motorway, 1,45 km from the centre
The Montebello exit on the A4 Serenissima, Turin - Trieste motorway, 8,62 Km from the centre
The Verona Nord exit on the A22 Brennero, Brennero - Modena motorway, 26,50 Km from the centre
The Agugliaro exit on the A31 Val d'Astico, Badia Polesine - Piovene Rocchette, 26,87 Km from the centre
ParkingPiazza Foro Boario - Soave (VR)
Hiking requires suitable clothing and equipment. Even on relatively short and easy walks, it is preferable to be well equipped to avoid unpleasant surprises and to face unexpected events such as a sudden thunderstorm or a power outage: unexpected events are part of the fun as well!
What to bring while hiking:
- suitable carved-soled sports shoes, preferably boots to avoid ankle problems
- good water supply according to your needs (from 1 to 2 litres depending on temperature, possibility of refuelling, duration of the trail)
- snacks (such as dried fruit or bars)
- wind and rainproof jacket
- spare t-shirt and socks
- sunscreen lotion
- gloves and hat during winter months- GPX track to be uploaded on the mobile phone and used through specifically designed Apps (we strongly recommend View Ranger)
- 3 Waypoints
- 3 Waypoints