This is a superb walk around Slaley starting at the pub NE470AA. It takes in a beautiful woodland walk next to Devilswater before going through the forest over Leadgate Hill.
Distance 14.4 km
The route starts in Slaley village near to the community pub NE470AA before going to the river and Devilswater. The is walk alongside the stream is a gorgeous one with an ancient woodland and fascinating remains of a smelter from the areas industrial past. It then goes into the forest and climbs Leadgate Hill which is a gentle incline. The walk finishes in Slaley village with a wonderful community pub for refreshments after what is a relatively easy route around an interesting area.
NY 97532 57730
30U 561538 6085674
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view