Grytetippen is an incredible place to check out the evening and midnight sun.
The the hike isn’t particularly dangerous before you reach the top, but be aware of the steep cliffs on the along ridge line at the top. It is quite a steep climb along the entire hike so it is recommended to be in decent physical shape to climb Grytetippen.Hamn i Senja, Skagi Senja and Mefjord Brygge all offer hotel rooms as well as apartments with self-catering possibilities. Each has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a bar.
- If you park next to Mefjordvatnan lake, you can fill up with water in Keipelva river. If not, it is smart to bring water with you.
- The trail can be very wet, especially starting from Ørnfjordtunnelen, so remember to wear water proof shoes.
Tips and hints
- Free parking next to the entrance to the Ørnfjordtunnelen tunnel. There are only a few parking places available at Medfjordvatnan lake.
- No public toilets
You have the option of parking at two different places:
- The first is located along road rv862 next to Mefjordvatnan lake. There is room for a few cars along the side of the road but spaces can fill up quickly.
- Take the exit towards Fjordgård and park before you reach Ørnfjortunnelen. This is the starting point for many routes (Barden, Daven, Grytetippen and Keipen).
The trails are marked from both parking areas.