Albtraufgänger (Stage 4) *Trauf-Look*
Landkreis Göppingen Verified partner Explorers Choice
Sonnenuntergang Burgruine HelfensteinPhoto: Stephan Durant, Landkreis Göppingen
The stage impresses with a vantage point at the Kuhfelsen, the Felsental in Geislingen, the Helfenstein castle ruins, the Ödenturm and the historic old town of Geislingen.
Erlebnisregion Schwäbischer Albtrauf e.V.
Tel. 07162 70414-20
- "Kuhfelsen" (cow rock)
- Helfenstein castle ruins, Geislingen/Steige
- Ödenturm, Geislingen/Steige
- Old town, Geislingen/Steige
- City Outlet, Geislingen/Steige
Rest stopsGasthaus Filseck
Restaurant Alte Post
Hotel & Restaurant Krone
Landgasthof Ochsen Geislingen / Eybach
Brauhaus zum deutschen Kaiser
Safety informationThe climbs require a head for heights, a good level of fitness and sure-footedness, especially when it is wet.
Tips and hintsRespectful cooperation in the district of Göppingen.
Code of Conduct:
- Please respect path-blockings and quiet zones.
- Please do not leave any rubbish, animal excrements, … e.g.
- Please act foresightful and considerate. Adapt your behaviour to the current situation. Safety comes first.
- Please respect other hikers.
- Please be considerate of animals and nature
- Please plan your trips ahead. Plan your trips during daytime and try to avoid dawn and dusk.
- Please consider entry bans of agricultural areas during vegetation period.
- Please stay on marked paths and avoid forest borders so wildlife can get used to humans.
Next the walk takes you up to the viewing point Kuhfelsen, where you can enjoy magnificent views on Teck Castle and the Fils Valley. The trail then carries on to the city of Geislingen, the connecting point of five valleys, into Eybtal valley. In Eybach you enter the Felsental valley, a nature reserve with interesting rock formations, before the Albtraufgänger route reaches the Alb highlands and continues on to Weiler, across Helfenstein car park to Helfenstein Ruin. The ruin offers a splendid view across great parts of the Fils Valley and Geislinger Steige (“Geislinger climb”).
The walk leads to the Old City of Geislingen which represents the end of this stage. Geislingen’s factory outlets run by popular firms are the city’s top attraction.
Public-transport-friendlyTake the MEX 16 from Stuttgart or Ulm to the Gingen an der Fils train station. From the train station it is only a few meters to the starting point of the route.
You can find the timetable at: www.vvs.de
- from the B10: exit Gingen an der Fils
- from the A8: B466 via Geislingen
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Equipmentsturdy shoes, weatherproof clothing
- 36 Waypoints
- 36 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others