The route to Keinprechthütte via Duisitzkarsee Lake and Neualm is a beautiful alternative to the classic stage of the Schladminger Tauern High Trail. Although a little longer by walking time and length, the panoramic view from Ferchtlhöhe ridge into Duisitzkar cirque and resting at the gorgeous lake fully compensate for the little detour.
Alpine trail crossing a steep mountain face. Quite steep descent from Ferchtlhöhe ridge into Duisitzkar cirque.
Giglachsee Hütte, Ignaz-Mattis-Hütte, Fahrlechütte, Duisitzkarseehütte, Keinprechthütte
Points of Interest:
Giglachseen Lakes, Murspitzsattel & Ferchtlhöhe ridges, Duisitzkarsee Lake, Neualmbach creek and Neualmkar cirque.
Surefootedness and experience in Alpine terrain required.
Changes in weather patterns, quick falls in temperature, thunderstorms, wind, fog and snow are some of the dangers that can be encountered on a hiking tour. Hosts of alpine huts and mountain refuges have a lot of experience in the mountains and can give good advice about weather and the trails. Poor equipment, overestimation of one's own capabilities, carelessness, poor personal constitution and/or wrong judgement can lead to critical situations. In case of thunderstorms: avoid summits, ridges and steel ropes.
GPS data and orienteering
Available GPS data - just like hiking maps - is only a guidance for orientation and can never depict a trail exactly with all its details. Especially at dangerous spots it is essential to judge on site how to proceed.
In an emergency please call:
- 140 - for Alpine emergencies (all over Austria)
- 112 - European GSM emergency number
Tips, hints and links
Tourist information: www.schladming.com
360° drone images
Get yourself an overview with our 360° drone images:
- View over Giglachkar cirque: https://vonoben.schladming-dachstein.at/sommer/index.php?S=307
- Giglachseen and Kalkspitzen summits: https://vonoben.schladming-dachstein.at/sommer/index.php?S=308
- Lower Giglachsee Lake and Vetternkar cirque: https://vonoben.schladming-dachstein.at/sommer/index.php?S=309
- Duisitzkarsee Lake: https://vonoben.schladming-dachstein.at/sommer/index.php?S=311
- View into Neualmkar cirque: https://vonoben.schladming-dachstein.at/sommer/index.php?S=312