This circular route running between the hills of San Martino Buon Albergo and Montorio is an evocative itinerary among vineyards, streams of water and medieval remains.
Ferrazze, Brolo, Carbonare, Montorio, Sant'Antonio
Walking in the countryside, a stone's throw from Verona. Along the banks of the Fibbio river, among streams of pure water you can meet different species of birds including: the Moorhen, the Kingfisher, the wagtail and the Grey Heron.
Here nature and history meet, giving the possibility to relax, contemplate and read along the several restareas along the route, situated mainly in the initial part.
Along the itinerary you will discover ancient rural courts, including the Bonettone court which dates backto the seventeenth century. A short uphill stretch will lead you to admire the magnificent views over thehills towards the valley of Montorio, with its fortified castle up to the Baldo Mount overlooking LakeGarda.
It can be practiced all year round, but it is highly recommended in November during the Festival of San Martino.
It is particularly suggestive to walk this itinerary at sunset to admire the silhouette of the Montorio Castle against the amber background of the sky.
Remember to assess carefully the type of path you are going to take, the places you are going to visit and the current season. Did it rain? Caution! The paths will be much more slippery and therefore you will need to be very careful.
Be sure to tell someone where you are going and how long your hike is supposed to last.
112 is the telephone number for emergencies.
Local authorities and associations in the areas concerned do not assume any legal responsibility for any damage, or accidents, to people and things that may occur along the signposted routes.
RESPECT THE TERRITORY:
- Do not throw on the ground paper towels, cans, glass or plastic bottles, candy wrappers and much less cigarette butts or packs.
- Take your waste with you or wait until you find a litter bin.
- Respect the flora, fauna and crops, do not pick fruit or wild plants; they may have received phytosanitary treatments.
- Report any disorder or abnormal behaviour in the town hall.
Tips and hints
PRO LOCO SMBA 2.0
CONSORZIO PRO LOCO VERONA EST
ASS. STRADA DEL VINO SOAVE
Tel. 045 7681407
Getting thereIf you are travelling by motorway, the closest exit to the centre of San Martino Buon Albergo is:
The Verona Est exit on the A4 Serenissima, Turin-Trieste motorway, 1,20 km from the centre
The Verona Sud exit on the A4 Serenissima, Turin - Trieste motorway, 9,96 Km from the centre
The Verona Nord exit on the A31 Serenissima, Brennero - Modena motorway, 14,49 Km from the centre
The Nogarole Rocca exit on the A22 Brennero, Brennero - Modena, 23,50 Km from the centre
ParkingAt the beginning of via Caval - San Martino Buon Albergo (VR)
Book recommendations for this region:
Hiking requires suitable clothing and equipment. Even on relatively short and easy walks, it is preferable to be well equipped to avoid unpleasant surprises and to face unexpected events such as a sudden thunderstorm or a power outage: unexpected events are part of the fun as well!
What to bring while hiking:
- suitable carved-soled sports shoes, preferably boots to avoid ankle problems
- good water supply according to your needs (from 1 to 2 litres depending on temperature, possibility of refuelling, duration of the trail)
- snacks (such as dried fruit or bars)
- wind and rainproof jacket
- spare t-shirt and socks
- sunscreen lotion
- gloves and hat during winter months
- GPX track to be uploaded on the mobile phone and used through specifically designed Apps (we strongly recommend View Ranger)
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints