Reaching the summit of Ruuhitunturi fell is a peak experience in both summer and winter! The views from the lookout tower extend to the fells on the Russian side of the border. Worries fade away while watching the movement of the clouds from the hammock in the yard of the Ruuhitunturi day hut. At Ruuhitunturi there is a cottage open during the day and a cottage which can be booked for up to four people. This could become your favourite place!
To be considered:
- The route can be circled from Sallatunturi via Pirttivaara to the Reindeer Park and back, where you should pay attention to the route intersections
- Between the Sallatunturi fell and the lean-to at Hangasjärvi is the Sotka spring, from which you can drink fresh spring water if you are thirsty
- The route is marked with blue squares attached to the trees
- The route is classified as demanding; the route is challenging due to the section of rocky terrain and the climb
- The cottage at the Ruuhitunturi is available for rent from Sallatunturi Tuvat
Rest StopSalla Reindeer Park
Log restaurant, Salla
Salla Ski Resort
Papana Pupi pub, Salla
Restaurant Kiela, Salla
Restaurant Revontuli, Salla
- Choose the route according to your physical fitness, skills, and circumstances.
- Follow markings and signposts.
- Always keep a map and phone with you. You can also download the Salla routes to your phone via the CityNomadi app (maps pre-downloaded on your phone will also work in areas where there is no internet connection)
- Download the 112 app on your phone for any possible emergency situations. It is your obligation to stop and help if you notice someone needing assistance