When circling the Sallatunturi fells, you can discover how cold the water is at Kylmähete (cold pond) and choose the scariest story to tell your hiking buddies around the camp fire place at Pahakuru (evil gorge). The route, with its numerous sites, can inspire in many ways when one listens to their past and mystique with a sensitive ear in the wilderness.
Sound of Salla: Close your eyes, relax your face. Hear the sound of silence - your mind relaxes.
To be considered:
- The route is classified as moderate-demanding
- The route is marked with red squares
- There are water crossings and streams on the route
- Drinking water is available along the route from numerous springs of water
Rest StopLog restaurant, Salla
Salla Ski Resort
Papana Pupi pub, Salla
Restaurant Kiela, Salla
Restaurant Revontuli, Salla
- Choose the route according to your physical fitness, skills, and circumstances.
- Follow markings and signposts.
- Always keep a map and phone with you. You can also download the Salla routes to your phone via the CityNomadi app (maps pre-downloaded on your phone will also work in areas where there is no internet connection)
- Download the 112 app on your phone for any possible emergency situations. It is your obligation to stop and help if you notice someone needing assistance.