If you want to wander from the Sallatunturi Resort to the shelters of the forest, you can walk the Kaunisharju trail through the beautiful landscapes of Kaunisharju. Along the trail, in his hiding place in Kaunisharju, once lived a hermit who wandered his path, stepping only in his own footsteps. Here in the land of the hermit, one becomes separated, disconnected from everything, in the middle of everything and in the middle of nowhere.
To be considered:
- The route is classified as moderate
- The route is marked with blue squares and the UKK part of the route with red squares
Rest StopLog restaurant, Salla
Salla Ski Resort
Papana Pupi pub, Salla
Restaurant Kiela, Salla
Restaurant Revontuli, Salla
Salla Reindeer Park
- Choose the route according to your physical fitness, skills, and circumstances.
- Follow markings and signposts.
- Always keep a map and phone with you. You can also download the Salla trails to your phone via the CityNomadi app (maps pre-downloaded on your phone will also work in areas where there is no internet connection)
- Download the 112 app on your phone for any possible emergency situations. It is your obligation to stop and help if you notice someone needing assistance