A popular hiking route for grandmas, as well as other members of the family! Grandmothers in Salla have been given the title Ämmi and this hiking route at Sallatunturi pays respect to them. This short route at Sallatunturi is popular, especially for its easy terrain, forest landscapes that belonged to the “crown lands” logged by the state, as well as for the camp fire place. From the route, you can pop by the Sotka spring to get the cleanest of the clean drinking water.
The ecological statusof 95% of the lakes and 94% of the rivers in Lapland is good or excellent. Deep in the Eastern Lapland wilderness, you can drink clean water straight from a stream or a spring.
To be considered:
- The route is classified as easy
- The route is marked with blue squares
- Be sure to pay attention to the route intersections
Sotka spring is mesmerizing with its beautiful surrounding nature and water welling up from the bottom of the spring.
Pure taste of Salla: Taste the spring water - the elixir of life!
Rest stopsLog restaurant, Salla
Salla Ski Resort
Papana Pupi pub, Salla
Restaurant Kiela, Salla
Restaurant Revontuli, Salla
- Choose the route according to your physical fitness, skills, and circumstances.
- Follow markings and signposts.
- Always keep a map and phone with you. You can also download the Salla routes to your phone via the CityNomadi app (maps pre-downloaded on your phone will also work in areas where there is no internet connection)
- Download the 112 app on your phone for any possible emergency situations. It is your obligation to stop and help if you notice someone needing assistance.
Tips and hintsPlease remember the rules of litter-free hiking; everything that is taken into nature is also taken out. The hiker must not leave a trace in nature.
Getting therePlease see the description.
ParkingFree parking near starting point.
Book recommendations for this region:
Equipment- Hiking boots or sneakers.
- 7 Waypoints
- 7 Waypoints