An entertaining trail which leads across open fields and through quiet mixed woodland areas. Hikers are constantly greeted by breath-taking views of the Rhine, of Andernach, of Namedy and of the Neuwied Basin.
Highlights of the Traumpfädchen
- Breath-taking views of the Rhine
- Viewing point
- One of Germany’s best “wine views”, as chosen in 2016
- High Cross
- Quiet field sections
Rest stopsResidenz Hotel am Martinsberg
Parkhotel am Schänzchen
Hotel am Helmwartsturm
Hotel Villa am Rhein
Hotel zum Anker
Ai Pero PURS Authentic Italian Restaurant
Am Ochsentor PURS Classic Boutique Hotel
Hotel Burgklause GmbH
monte mare Hotel
Hikers like narrow pathways, unspoilt natural trails (leading over the forest floor, across the grass or alongside streams) and rocky climbs which lead to spectacular views. It goes without saying that particular care should be exercised when taking such routes.
Things to bear in mind when preparing for your hike
- Wear proper clothing that is appropriate to the weather conditions and that will protect you against the cold and the wet or the heat and the sun.
- Schedule suitable breaks during your hike and make sure that you conserve energy.
- Take sufficient liquids with you. Establishments selling refreshments are not available everywhere.
- When hiking on the Traumpfade, please wear appropriate hiking boots which provide a sufficient foothold on slippery, steep, rocky and uneven paths.
- If you do not feel that you are able to negotiate certain parts of the route, then you should avoid such sections or else turn back. Natural pathways may become muddy and treacherous, especially in unfavourable weather.
- In autumn in particular, please remember that leaves lying on the ground may be concealing bumps, routes, stones or holes in the path.
- You will need to expect route impairments of this kind if you are intending to undertake a hike.
- Before setting out, visit https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/ in order to find out whether the route you intend to hike is closed or whether diversions are in place. Construction works, timber felling or other disruptions may also be planned.
- Recommended hiking season: April to October
Tips and hints
Andernach.net, Tel.: +49 (0)2632/9879480, email@example.com, www.andernach-tourismus.de
Projektbüro Traumpfade, Tel.: +49 (0)261/108419, www.traumpfade.info firstname.lastname@example.org
Traumpfade App for iOS: Download the app from iTunes
Traumpfade App for Android: Download the app from Google Play
B 9 exit Andernach-West/Nickenich/Maria Laach - in the direction of Büropark Rennweg - after the traffic circle continue on Kirchberg - turn left onto Krahnenbergstraße (follow the signs to Krahnenberg) - this turns into the street "In der Felster" - at the top of the street turn right to the Krahnenberg parking lot (signposted).
56626 Andernach, parking lot Krahnenberg (Krahnenberg).
++You will reach a hill at the end of the street "In der Felster". Please note that this is not yet the parking lot of the Traumpfädchen. Please follow the parking lot signs and turn right until you reach the parking lot and thus the entry point of the dream trail "Kleiner Stern". There are sufficient parking facilities at this point. Parking at the end of the street "In der Felster" is to be refrained from, since this causes considerable disturbances for residents, agriculture and for the possible approach of emergency vehicles.++
Book recommendation by the author
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Surefootedness and a head for heights are required in some sections.
You should not embark upon the tours in icy conditions.
Robust footwear is recommended!
Details of route closures can be found at: https://www.traumpfade.info/traumpfaedchen/wege-status/
The Traumpfädchen are not suitable for prams or rollator users.
- 23 Waypoints
- 23 Waypoints